October 7, 2011

"Every time you smile I feel tremors in my heart."


Nerd Alert: If Lost and Primeval did dirty things together and had a baby, that baby would be Terra Nova. And methinks I like that baby. Deep down I am a nerd and I am not ashamed that I like a little science fiction now and then. Terra Nova is the latest science fiction show to rock my socks. It's about the Shannon family who are from a future where humans have depleted earth's resources. In order to survive groups of humans, including the Shannons, travel back in time to when dinosaurs still roam the earth and try to make a home and a future for themselves and the human race. Along the way they have to fight scary dinosaurs, learn to adjust to a new environment, and deal with all the normal human drama that one might expect from an hour-long Fox television show. It's highly entertaining and everyone should start watching it so it will get good ratings and it won't be canceled after half a season.

That's my spiel for the day. This outfit came together pretty easily. I've been planning to wear grey and pink for several days now, so I threw on this dress and cardigan. The outfit was too plain on its own so I added teal and leopard accents. I like the color combination and the short sleeves kept me cool while I was outside in the still uncomfortable heat.

Dress: Loft
Cardigan: J.Crew via Ebay
Cami: Forever 21+
Belt: Ebay
Shoes: Alloy.com
Earrings: Overstock.com
Bracelets: Forever 21

*Title from "Sittin' Up In My Room" by Brandy.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment