February 7, 2011

Full Coverage




I woke up this morning, put together this outfit and was on my way out the door when my grandmother told me I needed to button up my sweater to cover my chest. I told her that wasn't happening and went on my merry way.

This is not the first time I have had this conversation with my grandmother. It's not like I'm some kind of cleavage advocate, but I'm also not going to hide the cute ruffle detail on my blouse because the neckline dips too low for my grandmother's comfort.

The conversation did make me start thinking about the myriad ways fashion has changed since my grandmother was young. Over the course of her life she would have seen women starting to wear pants, skirts shortening, necklines lowered, and full dresses replaced by tight skirts and skinny jeans. I'm not quite willing to trade in my sense of style no matter how much I love my grandma, but I can understand where she's coming from. From her perspective I'm sure it seems like everything has changed.

Blouse: Loft
Cardigan: Land's End
Skirt: Loft
Boots: Bandolino
Tights: Walmart
Belt: Ebay

Creative Commons License

My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment