February 24, 2011

"It's two thousand miles I roamed just to make this dock my home"


I have had this dress for several years, but something has always been missing when I wore it in the past. I've tried it several different ways, but only today did I find the right balance of accessories to create a look that I really love. The leather jacket and pretty floral scarf gave this outfit a sweet but tough feel that I liked and the quilted bronze belt was exactly what I needed to tie the whole look together. It rained all day today, so the boots were more of a practical decision than anything else. 

My life has involved a lot of waiting lately. I deferred law school last year because I needed surgery so I've been waiting for school to start since last August. I applied for several scholarships and I'm waiting to see if I win any of them. I have a conditional offer for a great summer job so I'm waiting to see if I have successfully jumped through all of the necessary hoops to get a firm appointment. I'm waiting to move into my first apartment, I'm waiting for spring, I'm just waiting.  I'm sure that everything will work itself out for the best in the end, but I am impatient and having no control over so many things is hard.





Dress: Victoria's Secret
Denim Jacket: Loft
Faux Leather Jacket: Marc New York
Scarf: Loft
Belt: Ebay
Leggings: Gap
Boots: Overstock.com

*Post title from "Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding.


1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Victoria's Secret have just the best clothes? You can build an entire outfit around one of those sweaters, especially the London collection.

    ReplyDelete