February 11, 2011

"She waits for the day when you'll ask her her name"


I don't know what possessed me to take the photo above, but it's so quintessentially me. In high school I was that kid that everyone thought of as a nerd. When I tried to be myself I got made fun of so I hid behind my books and learned to embrace solitude and quiet contemplation. I'm more comfortable with myself now and I try not to let fear of ridicule keep me from being me, but I'll always keep a piece of that girl with me to remind me not to go back to the me who used to be afraid.


I was not a fan of this day, but I am a fan of my outfit. When I picked my clothes out last night I wasn't sure if the final result would be too "busy" but I am happy with the end result. The skirt actually has two ribbons that can be tied into a bow at the side, but I chose to tuck the ribbons into the waistband and belt the skirt instead. I like the effect. The outfit didn't feel complete until that belt was in place :)

Today was a weird day. I won't say it was a bad day, but it was definitely off. I was running late this morning and while I pulled into the parking lot at work a few minutes ahead of schedule the front door was locked and by the time I got around to the back door and up the stairs I was a few minutes late. Quite a few things went down like that today, almost like the universe was conspiring against me. I played my role in the scene, but no matter what I did there was always a small twist of fate that kept things from going according to plan.



Cardigan: Old Navy
Blouse: Loft
Skirt: Gap
Leggings: Gap
Boots: Overstock.com
Belt: Ebay

Creative Commons License

My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment