February 16, 2011

"When life's too fast I take a longer road."



I have had a strange day. A straight drag queen tried to flirt with me while he fixed the mail machine at work (true story), I ran into an old teacher, and I heard from an old friend via facebook message. Between the blasts from the past and the hilarity of  a sketchy old man trying to hit on me, my day just felt...odd. But that is in no way a judgment on my outfit.

I got this shirt dress in the mail yesterday and I couldn't wait to wear it. Technically I'm supposed to be on a spending freeze, but I have been looking for a khaki shirt dress for a minute and when I saw this one on New York & Company's website and found a great coupon, I couldn't resist. The dress came with a skinny cognac belt, but I felt like wearing a wider belt today so I switched the belts and was really happy with the results. A teal cardigan and a cute pair of matching earrings finished the look and made me feel confident all day long.

Dress: New York & CO (available here
Belt: Ebay
Leggings: Gap
Boots: Steve Madden
Earrings: Overstock.com


*Song title from "This is How We Live" by the Summer Set

No comments:

Post a Comment