April 6, 2011

"I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined. I'm just beginning the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned."


The only thing better than new dress happy is twirly skirt happy and nine out of ten doctors agree that twirly skirt happiness lowers blood pressure and increases overall heart health. Okay, so that's a lie, but 1 out of 1 Ashleys agree that twirly skirt happiness improves mood and increases general good will. 

In spite of my twirly skirt happiness, these pictures almost didn't happen. I managed to break my SD card and haven't seen the cable that goes with my camera since I bought the camera. No SD card to use in the SD card slot in my computer and no usb cable = no way to put pictures on my computer. I still haven't found the cable that goes with my camera, but I did find an old camera that I no longer use with an old SD card inside it. Score.


Shirt: Willi Smith via TJ Maxx
Camisole: Gap
Skirt: Gap
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Bracelets: Gifted
Earrings: Laila Rowe, but you can't see them

I used the card to take my pictures and when I opened the card on my computer I found it full of pictures from several years ago that I had completely forgotten about, including the ones below. It kind of made my day and I was almost glad that I messed up my other SD card.


The first picture is of me when I was working as a Resident Advisor at Kentucky Governor's Scholars Program and the second is me during my junior year of college. 


Both of these are from my sophomore year of college after I made the step team at school. I didn't mention this in my post about college, but when Steppin' Out taps new members they actually show up at your suite, pound on your door, and when you open it the entire step team rushes into your room and steps for you. Steppin' Out does a step that we called "introducing" and the group uses it when they tap new members because the cheer can be adjusted to welcome new members into the group. Here are the words:

Intro, Intro, Intro-ducing Ashley!
She is so fly! She made S-O!
In just one try!

If you have never seen a step performance, the best way I can describe it is rhythmic thunder and when the stepping is going on in a small common room on the third floor the sound resonates and echoes through the entire entryway. It's an amazing feeling to have a group of people show up at your door to welcome you into the fold, but it felt even better to have my suitemates support my endeavor. 

Anyway, I'll probably spend the next few days going through my old pictures, but I just wanted to share that memory and wish everyone a happy Wednesday!

*Title from "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.


Creative Commons License

My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment