June 4, 2011

The Blank Canvas Challenge: Day 6

I'll be perfectly honest: this isn't my typical style and I didn't actually wear this. I decided to blog this outfit to remind myself that this is a challenge. I'm a girly girl. I feel at home in ruffles and twirly skirts, doubly so if they are pink and involve pretty earrings. This outfit is none of those things. It's too edgy. It feels like something a naughtier girl than I would wear, but you know what I say to that? All the more reason to give it a shot and document the experiment. I am supposed to be using this blog to find my personal style and I can't do that if I keep wearing the same outfits I've always worn. I may not have liked this outfit, but maybe one day I will try on an outfit I normally wouldn't wear and stumble upon something fabulous. If I want to grow as a blogger and as a person I need to keep an open mind. That's what this outfit was about for me.
Jacket: Marc New York
Shirt: new York & Company
Cami: New York & Company
Skirt: New York & Company
Belt: Ebay
Boots: Steve Madden
Necklace: Forever 21

Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment