September 17, 2011

"I had to have this talk with you. My happiness depends on you and whatever you decide to do."


This dress has been sitting in my closet for a good year. I really liked it when I saw it on Loft's website, but I didn't like the price tag very much so I didn't buy it. When I saw it on ebay several months later for a much more agreeable price, I snagged it. That was before I started blogging and in those days I thought that if something didn't fit perfectly right off the rack that meant that you shouldn't buy/wear it. When I tried this dress on, it was too loose and the silky fabric clung to my skin in a really unfortunate way. These issues made me hang the dress in the back of my closet and decide to resell it at some later date when I had the time and inclination to post it on ebay or set up a yard sale. 

Fast forward to yesterday when I pulled this dress back out and decided to make it work. I wore a slip underneath it which fixed the clinging issue and I added a belt which gave the dress a more flattering shape. The top was a little too low cut for a Friday morning class so I added a cami underneath and voila.  My previously unwearable dress made its way onto My Fashion Confession as part of a quick,  comfortable, and cute outfit that was perfect for a chilly morning spent in class.

Dress: Loft via Ebay
Jacket: Loft
Belt: New York & Company
Scarf: Ebay
Bracelets: Forever 21
Shoes: Old Navy

*Title from "Jolene" by Dolly Parton.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment