October 11, 2011

"I don't like living under your spotlight. Maybe if you treat me right you won't have to worry."


I love the colors of this outfit, and the ruffly neck and belt made it feel really feminine. But this is not the outfit I was planning to wear today. I originally planned to wear a skirt I bought last year, but I couldn't because it didn't fit anymore. I have waged a war with my weight since I was a little girl, and I was initially angry and embarrassed that I had put on a few pounds. Then I thought about it and I changed my mind. When my Crohn's Disease is active I lose weight. It's nice to buy clothes in a smaller size, but there's no real enjoyment in wearing them because those clothes mean I don't feel well. Have I put on weight in the last few months? Sure have. Am I upset about it? Maybe a little, but I have no right to be. I am alive and I am healthy enough to eat what I want for the first time in a really long time and even if that makes me gain weight I should be thankful. So what if I had to wear a different outfit today? I woke up this morning and I felt like getting dressed and going to class and worrying that my Civ Pro professor would cold call me. There are worse things than weight gain. I'm here and sometimes that's all that matters.

Dress: New York & Company via Ebay
Cardigan: Target via Ebay
Shoes: Primark (London)
Necklace: Primark (London)
Earrings: Forever 21
Belt: Ebay

*Title from "Spotlight" by Jennifer Hudson. 

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment