December 7, 2011

"You're chilled out. I'm so hyper. On paper we're a disaster."

Check shirt: Thrifted
Ruffle shirt: New York & Company
Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: Ebay
Leggings: New York & Company
Boots: Steve Madden

Life update: My Civil Procedure exam was yesterday, and I still have to take (and study for) Regulatory State and Contracts. Both of those exams are next week.  A big theme in law school classes is that you aren't there to learn the law because it's constantly changing and evolving and learning it would be silly because as soon as you memorize it a new case or statute, or regulation would come along and change everything.  Instead, law school is all about learning how to teach yourself the law. Unlike college, law school professors don't tell you everything they want you to learn in class. They expect you to work through the material yourself and try to glean a deeper understanding.  Studying for law school exams has been a different experience than studying for college exams.  It's hard to know when you have gone over the material enough to truly understand what the professor was trying to accomplish in the class.  

I don't know how I will do on my exams, but no matter what I'm proud of myself.  I was never that little girl that dreamed of being a famous singer.  When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said I was going to be a lawyer.  I'm proud that I am following through on my childhood goals. 

*Title from "Shut Up & Kiss Me" by Orianthi.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment