March 15, 2011

"Armed with an attitude that she knows how to use, she's gonna get there any way she can."


I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs yesterday and when I got to The Joy of Fashion I saw that the author, Marie, was doing a Rainbow Challenge in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Even though I studied abroad in Ireland during college I never remember to wear green and generally spend the whole day lying about my green underpants and hoping that no one I come in contact with is cheeky enough to pinch me anywhere inappropriate. Since I wore blue yesterday anyway I thought it would be fun to take the Rainbow Challenge with Marie (it just involves wearing a different color of the rainbow everyday for the week.) 

Even though there are seven colors in the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, and Violet) and seven days in the week, I probably won't end up wearing all seven colors. I couldn't, however, go through this challenge without wearing yellow. I like the way that this outfit turned out and I hope that the Rainbow Challenge will inspire me to put together outfits I wouldn't have chosen otherwise. Here's to a beautiful and brightly colored week :)


Jacket: TJ Maxx
Cardigan: Loft via Ebay
Shirt: Gap (hand me down)
Scarf: New York & Company
Skirt: New York & Company
Leggings: Gap
Boots: Target via Discount Shoe Store
Earrings: Forever 21

*Title from "Drama Queen" by Lindsay Lohan before she started putting the crazy out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment