March 9, 2011

"I'm a new [girl]. I wear a new [perfume] and you wouldn't know me if your eyes were closed."

Have you ever had an outfit turn out way better than you thought it would when you picked it out? Well, that is exactly what happened today. I ordered this dress on sale last year and when I got it in the mail I didn't like the color in person as much as I had liked it online. I didn't really want to return it, but I didn't love it either so I let it languish in my closet for the better part of a year. I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear this morning and this dress caught my eye. I added a cardigan and a belt and suddenly it went from blah to beautiful. I don't know how it happened, but I'm happy it turned out this way!





Dress: New York & Company
Cardigan: New York & Company
Belt: Ebay
Leggings: Gap
Boots: Overstock.com
Earrings: Forever 21

*Title from "New Deep" by John Mayer (with modifications in brackets.)

2 comments: