March 21, 2011

"Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum"


Even though it is still March, it would seem that spring has already arrived in the south. We have been getting temperatures in the high 70s since last week and even though there are supposed to be 50 degree temperatures later this week it is supposed to get all the way up to 80 tomorrow. At the risk of sounding like an utter freak of nature, I am a tad bit sad about it. I went to college in New Haven and while I didn't love single digit temperatures and walking to class in the snow, I also didn't miss hot southern summers like the one that appears to be on its way already. Most people flock outside when the temperatures rise, but I seek the sanctuary of the great indoors. I don't like the heat, the bugs, or the things the humidity does to my hair. But I suppose I do like bare legs and sun dresses so it could be worse.


I didn't originally plan to wear a jacket with this outfit, but without one I looked like some kind of cowgirl wannabe and that just isn't my thing. The denim blazer anchored the look just this side of fresh off the farm and even though I had trouble getting used to the fullness of the skirt (I was worried that my bottom looked more ample than usual) I was comfortable and felt that the outfit worked. 


Denim Jacket: Loft
Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: Anthropologie via Ebay
Belt: New York & Company
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Earrings: F21

*Title from "The Best Is Yet To Come" by Frank Sinatra.



Creative Commons License

My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment