March 2, 2011

"There's a fire starting in my heart reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark"


I really liked the way that today's outfit turned out. I decided to try these pieces together last night in a haze of exhaustion and I'm really glad it worked out. I bought the button down shirt and the silky blouse separately and don't particularly love either of them on their own. I like the visual interest that layering them together created and the detail on the cardigan added a bit more visual interest to my neckline. I don't own much jewelry so I'm always glad when my clothes provide enough ornamentation to stand alone.

Striped shirt: New York & Company
Purple Blouse: Tj Maxx
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: Tj Maxx?
Pants: Tahari (gifted)
Shoes: Target clearance for $12.48
Bracelets: Forever 21 (gifted)

*Title from "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele.

No comments:

Post a Comment