April 29, 2011

Girl With The Colorful Scarves


I periodically check the jewelry section of J.Crew's website and find myself lusting after all those gorgeous statement necklaces. I briefly entertain the idea of ordering one or two or ten and then I mentally slap the devil on my shoulder and listen to the sense my better angels are whispering in my ear: I am not at a point in my life where I can afford to spend $98 on a necklace no matter how many strands of pearls it has or how amazing it would look with pretty much everything in my closet. 


When I find myself wishing I had the perfect statement necklace to finish off an outfit, I start looking at my scarf collection instead. I buy small square scarves on ebay for $2 and under and find tutorials like this one when I want to learn a new way to tie them. The result isn't as elegant as a three strand pearl necklace, but I think a fun patterned scarf is a great way to add a funky element to an outfit while still looking sophisticated.


There will probably be a day when I break down and buy one of those necklaces, but until that day comes I will be the girl with the colorful scarves. Happy Friday everyone!

Cardigan: Loft
Shirt: Gap
Skirt: New York & Company
Scarf: Ebay
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Earrings: Forever 21

Creative Commons License

My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment