June 24, 2011

"I always traded up. Now I'm a victim for the first time."

Dress: New York & Company
Belt: New York & Company
Necklace: Rigged by Me
Earrings: Forever 21
Bracelets: Gifted
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

Let's get one thing straight: I do not like bugs. I don't care how they come. Crawling, winged, slimy, or stinging it doesn't matter because they're all the same to me. I don't like them and I don't want them near me for any reason whatsoever thank you very much. I knew that bugs were a possibility when I opened my window the other day, but my room was stuffy and I wanted to get some air circulating before I went to bed so I left it open while I went downstairs to check out the laundry room situation. I shut the window up tight when I got back, pulled back the blankets on my bed, and was about to curl up for the night when I noticed something on my duvet that looked an awful lot like a spider. Suspiciously so. You wanna know why it looked so much like a spider? Because it was one. IN MY BED! Curses were uttered, the crazy ensued, and the spider went out in a blaze of guts and glory on the bottom of my shoe. The end, right? Wrong! I made myself get in bed and try to get some sleep but my skin was crawling with the horror of it all night and I kept imagining Hagrid's pet Acromantula skulking across my room in the dark to avenge his fallen kin. I hope this was an isolated incident. I hope that it stays cool out so that I won't feel compelled to open my window anymore and I hope that that spider didn't lay eggs in an unfortunate location like under the mattress or in the toe of my favorite pair of shoes. I do not like bugs so that one spider was more than enough for me.

*Title from "I Get It" by Kate Voegele.


Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment