June 8, 2011

"Passions I laid to rest may still have some life in them."


For a long time I didn't own a single full skirt or dress. I have collected a few of them since I started My Fashion Confession and I am still trying to get used to the way they look on my body. I always seem to get nice compliments when I wear skirts with a fuller fit, but there is still a piece of my brain that thinks the added volume on bottom is unflattering even though the skirt skims over my hips and cinches in at the waist where I am smallest.


That said, I actually really like this outfit. I started to wear more colorful accessories to liven up all of the gray but then I decided not to fight with the neutral palette. I added my bronze ballet flats (which I consider a neutral) and a black belt. The only color in the whole outfit are the little peach beads in my earrings. Other than that I let the flouncy dress provide the fun factor of this outfit.


Dress: Loft
Shirt: New York & Company
Belt: Ebay
Earrings: Forever 21
Bracelets: Gifted
Shoes: Old Navy

*Title from "Dig With Me" by Allie Moss.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment