July 2, 2011

"So I bring a little more to see--another thing to fill me."

Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Tommy Hilfiger via Ebay
Jacket: Old Navy via Ebay
Belt: Ebay
Shoes: Old Navy
Earrings: Jessica Simpson

Top 5 things I miss about home (In no particular order)

1. Having access to a kitchen. I'm no extraordinary cook, but there are certain kitchen tasks a person can only accomplish in a real kitchen. I'm staying in a place that only has a "tea kitchen" which means that there is a toaster, an electric kettle, a microwave, and a sink. There is also a mini fridge, but as I explained to my mom it's so small and dirty that it's not really usable. I've been eating a lot of just add water and/or microwave meals. It's probably going to be a long seven weeks.

2.  My family. I'm from a really tight knit family and it's really weird for me to not talk to at least one of my relatives everyday. I know that I do still call home more than most people probably would, but this minimal communication thing is still pretty new to me.

3. I miss my car. There. I said it. I care about the environment as much as the next girl, but what I really want at the end of a long day is to walk out to my car and drive home. 

4. The rest of my closet. I did my best to choose items that would be easy to wear and care for in a dorm room, but there is nothing like having access to my entire closet. I keep realizing that I really did need some of the things I left behind and that I really shouldn't have brought some of the things that I have with me. I know that I need to suck it up and make do with what I have, but yikes is it hard to put together memorable outfits with such a limited wardrobe. Plus I feel like I spend an awful lot of time doing laundry these days when what I should be doing is enjoying London. 

5. Television. There is a tv room where I'm staying, but I don't find myself there very often. When I get home in the evenings I prefer to get the four flights of stairs I need to go up out of the way for the evening and after that I can't be coaxed down again unless I really do have to do my laundry.

*Title from "Jumping Bean" by Nelo.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment