August 17, 2011

"I said yep, what a concept. I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change."


This has been the longest week in the history of long weeks. Where do I even begin? I moved into my first apartment last weekend and I didn't even have time to be excited about it before orientation started on Monday. Law school orientation is not the same thing as undergraduate orientation. In college we had "camp Yale" which was basically a week of fun and debauchery before classes started. There is no such thing as camp law school. This week has involved reading assignments, classes, multiple trips to the bookstore to pick up my ridiculously expensive textbooks ($173 for one textbook? I could have bought a new kindle for that...), and a constant, pervasive sense of certainty that Toto and I are not in Kansas anymore. 

I'm exhausted and there never seems to be enough time, but now that I finally have internet in my apartment (did I forget to mention the three days without internet?) I wanted to pause for a few minutes and show you what I wore for my first day of orientation. I'm not really sure if orientation counts as my first day of law school as a whole, but for better or worse, this is what I ended up choosing.

Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: J.Crew via Ebay
Belt: New York & Company
Sandals: Old Navy
Bracelet and Necklace: Primark (London)

*Title from "All Star" by Smash Mouth.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment