September 22, 2011

"I'm agile plus I'm worth your while. One hundred percent intelligent black child."


Is there such a thing as outfit plagiarism? If there is, I guess I need to cite my source because I got this idea from an outfit worn by Kendi on Kendi Everyday. This has been an unofficial pattern mixing week of sorts. I've worn a different pattern mix everyday this week to inoculate my teachers and classmates against the idea of wearing multiple prints together. My hope is that on days like today when I take it to a whole new level no one will even notice because I'm the kind of crazy chick who does it all the time. I got more looks today than usual, but no one pointed and laughed or put on shades because my outfit was too bright so I think I might have gotten away with it in spite of those meddling kids. That's a Scooby Doo reference in case anyone's wondering. Now I feel a little old...  

Dress: Target via Ebay
Cardigan: Old Navy via Ebay
Bracelet: Primark (London)
Shoes: Old Navy
Belt: Ebay

*Title from "Check the Rhime" by A Tribe Called Quest.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment