October 29, 2011

Secondhand Style Challenge Day 2


It's day 2 of my secondhand style challenge and today's thrifted piece is my dress. I'll let you in on a little secret: I almost left this dress at the store. When I put it on it was like a tent and it had one of those cloth belts all wrinkled and twisted in the belt loops. It was a good 2 sizes too big without tying the belt and I almost put it in the "No" pile in the dressing room until something made me tie the belt. And suddenly the dress was more flattering. A lot more flattering. I realized that I still didn't like the cloth belt, but I knew I could remove it easily and replace it with a real belt when I wore it. So I shelled out a whopping $3.99 and brought this dress home. Paired with a kitten heal boot, cognac jacket, and a plaid scarf the dress has a look I really like. I guess that is two outfits down and five to go.

Dress: Thrifted
Jacket: Target via Ebay
Scarf: Ebay
Belt: Ebay
Boots: Discount shoe store
Earrings: Forever 21

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment