October 28, 2011

Secondhand Style Challenge Day 1


The last time I gave myself a style challenge was over the summer. I called it the Blank Canvas Challenge because my goal was to style a white skirt 7 different ways (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7). It was a good way for me to think more creatively about my closet and how I can do more with the pieces that are already there. I was thinking last night that I should give myself another challenge and since I recently started thrifting, I thought it might be good to do a thrifting challenge. 

There is only one rule with this challenge and it's a simple one: I have to post seven outfits that include at least one thrifted piece. That's all. It doesn't really matter if the thrifted piece is the star of the outfit. The goal is to prove that I can use secondhand pieces in cute outfits. This is day 1. Here we go! 

Today's secondhand item is my skirt. I bought it at a local thrift store for $1.99 and it has a lot of remix  potential. I paired it with a leopard print shirt I bought on Ebay. Technically the shirt is secondhand too, so this outfit is on recycled clothing overload, and you know what? I love it. I feel like this challenge is off to a good start :)

Shirt: Sag Harbor via Ebay
Skirt: Thrifted
Cardigan: Gap via Ebay
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelet: Primark (London)
Shoes: Primark (London)

*Title from "Party's Just Begun" by Nelly Furtado.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment