October 3, 2011

Well That Was Unexpected


I have mentioned this here before, but I have Crohn's Disease. I went through a really bad flare up last year, but luckily my doctor was able to find new medications that I tolerate well and that keep me healthy enough to live my life again. When I moved for school I had to find a new pharmacy to fill my prescriptions so I chose one near where I live. Everything was going really well until last week when I called to get a refill on one of my prescriptions and they didn't have the medication in stock. Not only did that pharmacy not have my medication in stock, but none of their other locations had it in stock either. Okay, I thought, I'll fill the prescription when I go home over the weekend. So I call the pharmacy on Sunday to have them fill my prescription. Except they don't have my medicine in stock either and they don't know when they'll have it back in stock because there's a manufacturing shortage and no pharmacy has it in stock. Manufacturing shortage is the latest in my list of four letter words.

Needless to say I freaked out a little. Or rather a lot. It's one thing to run out of my favorite multivitamin but my Crohn's medications are the only thing standing between me and a painful bedridden existence. How does something like that even happen? Fortunately my pharmacy at school was able to fill my prescription today, but not before I spent the better part of my weekend panicing. It's certainly not a situation I ever want to be in again.

Dress: Loft
Cardigan: Old Navy
Scarf: Ebay
Boots: Aldo
Bracelet: Gifted

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment