November 11, 2011

"You will learn in time that you must be cruel. I'll have to wait to get the best of you."


I normally have a really boring life, but yesterday was just one thing after another. I went to an event at lunch yesterday where law firm recruiters talked about the dos and dont's of interviewing for summer positions, I got cold-called in Contracts, I went to an after school get together with my legal writing class,  I almost missed the delivery woman who came to deliver my refrigerated medication (which would have been disastrous if it had sat outside my door for any length of time) and after it was all over and done with and I was getting ready for bed the fire alarm went off in my building and I had to stand outside in 50 below weather wearing nothing but this dress, ballet flats, and a leather jacket. For an hour. And as it turns out there was not actually a fire. I know it's a good thing that there wasn't a fire because the only thing I grabbed on my way out the door was myself and my phone. If the place had been burning I would have rushed right back in to save my laptop and textbooks because law school has a way of getting your priorities straight like that. Fortunately I and all my notes and outlines are safe, but there is anger and the possible beginnings of a cold.

Dress: Loft
Cardigan: Target via Ebay
Scarf: Ebay
Boots: Target via discount shoe store
Earrings: Forever 21

*Title from "Either Way" by Guster.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment