March 22, 2012

A Commitment To Be A Healthier Me


As a general rule I try to worry more about how I look than how much I weigh, but I've put on weight in the last few months so starting next week I am going to make a commitment to be a healthier me.  Here are some things I plan to adjust to help me take off the extra pounds:

1) I am going to stop eating the free food at school.  My section has a baking rotation for Torts class and clubs hold events with free lunch (often pizza) to draw a bigger crowd.  Lately I have been so busy and stressed that I stopped packing my lunches on days when I knew there would be free food, but next week I am going to go back to bringing food from home so I can avoid all of those high fat, high calorie foods.

2) I am going to exercise at least 3 times a week. I always tell myself I am going to do this and then I get stressed out about an assignment and tell myself I don't have time to go to the gym.  Starting next week I am going to make time instead of excuses.

3) I am going to stop buying bags of soft-baked snickerdoodles for my apartment.  I have no willpower. Zero. Zip. Zilch. I should know by now that I can't be trusted when there are cookies in the cabinet and no one to save me from myself when I decide that I'll have just one more.

I'm sure other changes will be necessary if I am going to get my weight back under control, but I think I will start with these three and go from there. I am making a promise to myself that in a couple of months I will be a healthier, happier me.

Dress: Target
Blazer: Forever 21+

Belt: Ebay

Shoes: Payless

Bracelets: Gifted


Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment