December 28, 2011

The Best of 2011

DJ Earworm marks the end of the year with a fabulous mashup of the year's biggest musical hits, but since I can't even carry a tune I'm afraid you'll have to settle for a somewhat less impressive recap of my favorite outfits from my first {almost} year of blogging.  

2011 has been a year of changes for me.  When I started My Fashion Confession back in February I was working and trying to save money for a summer internship in London.  I wanted to find my sense of style before I started law school and I wanted to document the experience along the way so My Fashion Confession was born.  

Since then, I have spent seven weeks living and working in England, finished my first semester of law school, met new people and learned a lot about my personal style along the way. So farewell 2011, but before you go let's look back at some of the things I wore this year. (Click on the links to see the original posts.)
I experimented with pattern and color.

I got comfortable with pattern mixing.

I learned what shapes work for my body and started thrifting.

I thought of new ways to wear my favorite little black dress.

My style has changed over the course of the year in ways I never would have imagined.  I dress up whenever I feel like it, no reason necessary.  I wear things that would have terrified me before I started this blog.  I have gotten better at dressing the body I have now instead of wishing away my curves.  I'm not sure what 2012 will bring, but I am proud of what I achieved in 2011.  I have no regrets, but I'm looking forward to a better tomorrow.

Creative Commons License
My Fashion Confession by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment